Part of understanding how to cope with a brain injury involves understanding the stages a person goes through:
- Denial – there’s no problem; I don’t feel injured
- Realization – oh, oh I am in trouble!
- Uncertainty – living in “the fog”
- Anger and Frustration- excessive pain, confusion, and bewilderment
- Recovery – adapting to and redirecting your brain
- Impatience – I’m feeling fine, so why aren’t I fine yet?
- Adapting to the new reality-coping with life in a new found way
Learning to recognize the signs of these stages and the strategies for dealing with each is what Brain Navigators does in one on one coaching.
Call Brain Navigators or email today– to stop the suffering and start the recovery!
Creating livable, manageable, practical solutions for those recovering from brain injury and their families.
Creating Solutions-Education-Tools for Recovery